Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My mix version-Broken man

HI TO ALL HERE...LOVED THIS SONG AND THOUGHT TO TRY IT OUT, HAVE A LISTEN AND LET ME KNOW.CHEERS AND HAPPY MIXING !!!
Smile

.mp3    broken man demo-320-mp3.mp3 --  (Download: 9.56 MB)

Interesting effects on backing vocals, could be more prominent.
Quite high levels in range from 200-300Hz@-24dB (bass level range), might sound too loud on some cheap plastic speakers (depends on relative perception, neighbouring frequencies and the artist's intention though).
Whole song high passed on 50Hz with very steep slope.
I think too much is going on in the side channel.
@Sysrq : Hi..interesting facts, seems you are into visual analysis Big Grin ..havent checked in detail,but 50hz thing is bit strange, i used hpf with Pro-q at around 30 though..the bass was more sub in around 45...and about BG vocals ya,i used some flanging there with the waves metaflanger..wanted to raise it up, but i thought it kept taking the focus from main vox,thats why kept it subtle....thanks for the listen n feedback Smile

@Mange : Hi, thanks for listening buddy...maybe, felt ok to me though...the main stereo image element in this throughout is the stereo drum track, liked the dynamism so dint touch it as far as side image is concerned..cheers, just checked out few of your mixes and loved it Smile
Thanks for fast feedback. I think BG vocals can stay at the same level, whole mix could be more glossy allowing them to shine more trough (better separation without losing integrity). Well chosen echo on piano though.
Yeh,thanks for the feedback.cheers Smile

(31-03-2015, 11:39 PM)sysrq Wrote: Thanks for fast feedback. I think BG vocals can stay at the same level, whole mix could be more glossy allowing them to shine more trough (better separation without losing integrity). Well chosen echo on piano though.