Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Long Wait - Lookout Mountain
Here's my mix. This time I've tried to add something to the song. I used one of the vocal tracks to create a vocal harmony in certain places. I have never studied music, so it's all done by listening and changing notes that I could hear that they were not fitting the lead vox. Probably someone with a musical background will hear inmediately some mistakes in this. But as always, things can be improved and changed Big Grin

.mp3    The Long Wait - Lookout Mountain.mp3 --  (Download: 11.95 MB)

mixing since April 2013
Hi Juan !
Another one i have to try !
Having a quick listen the first thing that jumps out is the acoustic in the intro sounds a little distorted ,maybe the kick has a little too much of 50 -60 hz punch to it compared to the bass.
Nice sounding guitar solo Big Grin.
Hi, Don!! I added some distortion to one of the acoustic guitars so it could cut through better in the mix but I forgot to bypass it in the beginning when the rest of the band was not playing Confused

I've automated it and now it sounds more natural. I've also checked the 60hz area in the bass and kick.

Thanks for your advice!! Smile

.mp3    The Long Wait - Lookout Mountain(2).mp3 --  (Download: 11.95 MB)

mixing since April 2013
Good idea to make drums almost mono

Guitar movement from center to sides at 0:27 disturbs me slightly.

Something bothers me with vox sound, but this track is very difficult to make natural. I’m also in deep troubles with her voice at the moment. The honkyness or boxiness seems to be very deeply in in this vox track.

But overall sound of your mix is pretty good for these multitracks. Probably I won’t come up with anything better, although I’ll try me best to beat you Smile
Buena mezcla Jose!!! me gusto mucho, lindo stereo, bien las guitarras y la bateria, la voz creo que es un problema no?? me parece como que es un poco nasal y sin brillo el track en crudo. esta semana lo mezclo yo a ver como me queda.
Un abrazo

Sergio
@Olli: at first I had the first acoustic guitar at the same place where it moves after the second guitar starts playing, but it was kind of weird to hear from the beginning the guitar so distant from the center. What I've done now is a slower transition and it doesn't move all of a sudden to that place. I think now it's less noticeable. I'm pretty sure you'll beat me with this. You have more experience than me! besides, I've been mixing only for two years Wink

@Sergio: gracias por tus palabras! he intentado quitar un poco la nasalidad a la voz y creo que ahora se oye más natural. Por cierto, si que lleva reverb y delay la voz, lo que pasa es que quise que sonara muy natural y por eso casi ni se oye. Pero si la quitas de la mezcla, si que se oye que algo falta. Fue intencionado ese efecto Big Grin

.mp3    The Long Wait - Lookout Mountain(3).mp3 --  (Download: 11.95 MB)

mixing since April 2013
I like Version 3 Good Job Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

thank you, Don!
mixing since April 2013