Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Nerve9 - Pray For The Rain
Made some much needed changes from my first mix, hope yall like
v3 - leveled out the bass, and raised overall volume. would really like some feedback on this mix. any and all comments welcome

.m4a    N3RvE9 - Pray For The Rain.m4a --  (Download: 8.04 MB)

.m4a    N3RvE9 - Pray For The Rain v3.m4a --  (Download: 8.05 MB)

Hi Debellatoris - thanks for mixing the track! What I enjoyed the most about your mix was the treatment on the verse guitars and the lead guitar parts - and I am the guitar player Smile

The bass guitar sounded good to me - a bit too much of the 1-2khz that Mike talks about in the article though - worth trying that out and seeing what you think.

Vocals maybe a bit too compressed? That is likely the top thing to look into - maybe some parallel compression or just a bit less of what is happening.

I was missing the chorus tremolo guitar - at first I thought you were holding it back for the first chorus, but it never appeared. A subjective comment, but it would be a 'from the artist' comment I could give you.

Drums sounded good - something was poking out for me with the hi-hat. Either volume or higher frequencies making it sound a bit brittle.

I hope this is helpful - I am trying to listen to everyone's mixes, but it's been a little slower due to some personal commitments. I'm learning a lot from everyone's take on the song, so I thank you again for taking the time to check it out.

BR

Thomas
mr. thomas
appreciate the feedback, you dont know how much it helps, im getting real experimental with things, starting to learn how to use things and i hadnt perfected anything yet so this really lets me know where im lacking and how to fix it, so thanks a bunch. vocals were very compressed, but the reason i did that is because i duplicated the lead twice, panned the duplicates left -50, right 50 and on the left pan i pushed back by around 16ms before original and the right pan i pushed forward around 16ms after original. then i sent all the tracks to the same channel and lowered the left and right volumes pretty low, and i was trying to smoosh them together. on the original i sent to a seperate track and added delay, and reverb, and put it pretty low in the back. and i wanted certain parts of the vocals like when she got a little loud or not so much loud but powerful, i wanted these to stand out in the delay/verb track and when i compressed it the way i did, these certain were really accentuated. so im gonna do the parallel you mentioned and lower the really compressed track quit a bit, and put an original track on top, maybe a little distortion to on the compressed track to grunge it up, like i said im still learning a lot. gonna bring that tremolo in to. preciate the input man.
Your whole mix sounds very narrow...almost mono.....I'd suggest looking at your panning strategy....you need to be more confident....at the moment it sounds like you have all your guitar/synth tracks down the middle and are relying on panning FX to create width....