Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Milk Cow Mix
This is my first attempt at mixing this song, keen for feedback! Sleepy Smile

FYI: for anyone wondering where some of the dobro and fiddle track went, I removed any licks that did not sound deliberate. I opted for quality over quantity Smile

.mp3    Milk Cow.mp3 --  (Download: 4.01 MB)

I think that the fiddle sounds harsh, and in this kind of song I would rather go with mono drums. Maybe some nice reverb would work as a glue (send all track except the bass)
(28-04-2015, 06:56 PM)Obelix Wrote: I think that the fiddle sounds harsh, and in this kind of song I would rather go with mono drums. Maybe some nice reverb would work as a glue (send all track except the bass)

Yeah i hear you man, I think i've got it a bit too prominent at 1.5k, i already did carve out alot of the 3 - 5k to get it a bit smoother Smile

also what do you mean by mono drums? I'm interested
I mean that you put drums in mono, you know the widening tool, it could also be used to make things mono
ah ok which vst is the widening tool? We may use different daws with different capabilities
Hey Dan
I like your mix ,a touch bright with the cymbals and top end rattle of the snare on my monitors maybe a taste thing .
With the Drums i think maybe just more smack on the snare in the centre will do the trick.
Did you use some saturation ,as can hear some slight distortion on the vocals in some spots and the guitar solo !

Good Job Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Hey cheers! Check out some of my newer mixes through my profile, I mixed this back when I high shelved 12k on everything by default XD