Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting over on "Lookout Mountain"
I love this band and wanted to stick with it till I get it close.
With your help I'm learning every day. Am I getting closer on this?
Thanks in advance............Curley

.mp3    THE LONG WAIT_LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN_V10 MASTER.mp3 --  (Download: 12.14 MB)

Hi Curley
acoustic guitars are beautifully clear very nice. I would shelve the bass a little to accent the mids to get it away from the kick. Other than that the vocals are a little muffled and maybe take off any echo/delay just stick with a touch of reverb to pop it up and maybe eq it it a touch to make it clearer. Vocals always give me a headache lol. Great mix and do like those acoustics

Ye Ha

Memphis
Rock n Roll Man in a Digital Age

Ice-16 Interface/Cubase Artist 8/Lenovo I5 quad/X2442/Fender Telecasters/Fender Hot rod, Champ, Junior/ M-Track Interface/
(21-03-2015, 12:05 PM)Memphis Black Wrote: Hi Curley
acoustic guitars are beautifully clear very nice. I would shelve the bass a little to accent the mids to get it away from the kick. Other than that the vocals are a little muffled and maybe take off any echo/delay just stick with a touch of reverb to pop it up and maybe eq it it a touch to make it clearer. Vocals always give me a headache lol. Great mix and do like those acoustics

Ye Ha

Memphis

THANKS, I can see everything you are talking about. I used Trackspacer on the Bass/Kick, but you are dead on with the suggestion. I thinned it out quite a bit, but not enough. The vocal suggestion is what I hear too. I'll work on it today.

Thanks again........I rely on folks with more experience to learn this process.................Curley
(21-03-2015, 03:35 PM)VANWINKLE52 Wrote:
(21-03-2015, 12:05 PM)Memphis Black Wrote: Hi Curley

Ye Ha

Memphis

THANKS, I can see everything you are talking about. I used Trackspacer on the Bass/Kick, but you are dead on with the suggestion. I thinned it out quite a bit, but not enough. The vocal suggestion is what I hear too. I'll work on it today.

Thanks again........I rely on folks with more experience to learn this process.................Curley

OK.....I hope these changes are moving in the right direction.
Am I in the realm of personal taste?
New version is v11.......Thanks for the guidance, Curley

.mp3    THE LONG WAIT_LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN_V11 mastered.mp3 --  (Download: 9.71 MB)

Hi Curley , wow that's cool , those acoustics just sound so live , vocals sound clear as well

ye ha

Memphis

Ice-16 Interface/Cubase Artist 8/Lenovo I5 quad/X2442/Fender Telecasters/Fender Hot rod, Champ, Junior/ M-Track Interface/
(21-03-2015, 10:14 PM)Memphis Black Wrote: Hi Curley , wow that's cool , those acoustics just sound so live , vocals sound clear as well

ye ha

Memphis

THANKS.........it's funny you mention "Live". I've been using Soundcraft mixers for live the past 30 years. I have the first Soundcraft 200B that came into the U.S. In my head, the only mode I know is live. I'm now faced with the challenge of getting studio in my head. I don't know studio at all, but I'll get there.

Thanks again....................Curley

Yep me too , been mixing FOH and for my Rockabilly & 50's band and local shows last 20 years and went into it to mix our own album and got the bug

Memphis