Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My "Promises & Lies" Mix
Here is my mix for this track. Has a very Dio kind of feel to it to me. This also is my first submission on this site. Any feedback is appreciated.

.mp3    Promises & Lies Mix.mp3 --  (Download: 6.5 MB)

Hi, Scott. Your mid-range seems to be a bit absent. First suspicion would be the listening environment is fooling you at the moment. Everything's a bit trebbly with not very much "meat" in the sound. If you run some good reference material through your monitors, that should help identify the problem. Alternatively, a good set of reference headphones should tell you where the fault is right away. Hope this helps a bit.
(20-02-2013, 10:51 AM)Robert Wrote: Hi, Scott. Your mid-range seems to be a bit absent. First suspicion would be the listening environment is fooling you at the moment. Everything's a bit trebbly with not very much "meat" in the sound. If you run some good reference material through your monitors, that should help identify the problem. Alternatively, a good set of reference headphones should tell you where the fault is right away. Hope this helps a bit.
Thank you Robert!

I think the mistake was in my "mastering" process. I got kind of lazy at the end and used a preset on Izotope Ozone instead of mastering the mix myself. I will provide the premaster track and see if that fixes up the missing midrange problem.

.mp3    Promises & Lies Premaster.mp3 --  (Download: 6.55 MB)

Nice job Scott. Still a little more "beef" needed (in my opinion), but the "unmastered" version is very close! I think it sounds great.

Johnny

www.johnnylokkeband.com
Unmastered version is very good! Wink