Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Avalon All I want - voelund
Had some time free anf I had fun mixin this one
Especially the hat were modified and echo came in handy

It had a bit Lexicon verb to give the 80s mood I felt it needed.
I enjoyd mixin it, hope you enjoy what youre doin Big Grin

.mp3    Avalon All I know 03b lim.mp3 --  (Download: 9.97 MB)

Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Good mix, the vibe fits the song.

The hihat and piano in some sections sounds more upfront than the vocals.

Bass could have a little less mids/hi mids

Nice arrangement changes.
Please comment on others mixes, this site is all about feedback.
I think the vox are really low, I feel like im struggling to listen to them a bit
late hearing this, but kicking around the song's thread, spotted your post and took a listen....i was in need of a dynamic mix and knew i'd get one from you Big Grin

nice and punchy too. great work in the low end - clean, devoid of surplus crud giving the song some life. the reverse cymbal at 1:50 hurt though....too much 4kHz for my sensitive ears and i'd personally have rolled off a little more of the treble above 10kHz, for comfort purposes - it's the hat. super separation, neat EQ.

from the edits, i can tell you had fun. yup, there's some scope to bring the BV's up a touch, but there's also some scope for leaving them where they are too. given the sheer monotony of the arrangement between 2:30 and 3:30, i think keeping them relatively low in amplitude and off in the depth field, yet sufficiently present, was a good move - it helped achieve some musical dynamic from the interesting contrast you got from it. good idea.

auditioned with a bookshelf rig, 3inch woofers 'n no tweeters (size isn't everything, they're superb boxes), sitting in the sweet spot.
nice mixing here and subjectively good listening.
i trust life is treating you kind.
Beware...........Cognitive Dissonance!
Yaaaayyyy!! You got my record scratches in there!! Big Grin And I really think you nailed the raw power of the "Strat though a Marshall" throughout the song. I don't get it.....guitarists....sheesh! Big Grin

- Matt
Keyboards, Programming, Backing Vocals, Samples
Avalon