Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BoogieSnakes: ' It's My Right '
(30-03-2015, 09:23 AM)mange Wrote: CanĀ“t put my finger on it but I would revisit the EQ on the leadvox. I would like the mix to sound less "live". Pretty vauge pointers Big Grin Sorry about that Blush

Thanks Mange Big Grin
I like version 1 better, the bas may be a bit dark but I dont mind that.
Version 2 are louder, but lvl matched it lacks the other ones punch and clarity.
Isnt mastering a bitch Big Grin
Solo sounds lovely
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
(01-04-2015, 05:24 PM)Voelund Wrote: I like version 1 better, the bas may be a bit dark but I dont mind that.
Version 2 are louder, but lvl matched it lacks the other ones punch and clarity.
Isnt mastering a bitch Big Grin
Solo sounds lovely
I definitely over cooked version 2
Thanks for having a listen Big Grin
Hi Don, great work and I like you overall mix balance. Version 1 sounds more pleasing to my ears, version 2 a bit too squashed and boxy sounding. I think a different type of reverb would possibly work better, perhaps utilizing a couple of different room verbs at the mix stage to create a little more depth. Nice work on the solo too, interesting angle and it gives the picking a country flavour whilst accentuating the note transitions.
Cheers,
Mick
(02-04-2015, 12:06 PM)mick2015 Wrote: Hi Don, great work and I like you overall mix balance. Version 1 sounds more pleasing to my ears, version 2 a bit too squashed and boxy sounding. I think a different type of reverb would possibly work better, perhaps utilizing a couple of different room verbs at the mix stage to create a little more depth. Nice work on the solo too, interesting angle and it gives the picking a country flavour whilst accentuating the note transitions.
Cheers,
Mick
Thanks for having a listen Mick, I definitely will play around with the mix reverbs for more depth.

Cheers,
Don
I listened to version 2 here tonight...

I like the tone overall. The bottom end is too boomy though. I'd suggest digging at the drums (and their verb) at about 200-250 Hz and see if that doesn't help clean it up. Might do the same thing with the bass guitar. (Find that weird ressonnance and trim it down.)
Old West Audio
(10-04-2015, 07:44 AM)azwayne Wrote: I listened to version 2 here tonight...

I like the tone overall. The bottom end is too boomy though. I'd suggest digging at the drums (and their verb) at about 200-250 Hz and see if that doesn't help clean it up. Might do the same thing with the bass guitar. (Find that weird ressonnance and trim it down.)
Thanks for having a listen
,I will try your suggestions in a remix !

Cheers Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Try side chain compression with the kick drum and bass guitar to tighten the relationship between the two.

That way, every time the kick drum is hit it will attenuate the bass guitar a bit and will sound tight.

Sounds like you used the DI track for the solo, is that correct?

My Original Music

"One often learns more from ten days of agony than ten years of contentment."

Pro Tools 12.6/Studio One 3 Pro
Studiolive 16 Series III
Yamaha HS5/HS8
Console 1
(29-06-2016, 10:11 PM)wesleyamltd Wrote: Try side chain compression with the kick drum and bass guitar to tighten the relationship between the two.

That way, every time the kick drum is hit it will attenuate the bass guitar a bit and will sound tight.

Sounds like you used the DI track for the solo, is that correct?
I will try side chaining the kick and bass and clean up some bass frequencies in the next version.
I did use the Di track for the solo Big Grin.

Cheers for the feedback.

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts

Hello, Don!Smile
Your version reminds me of Rolling Stones! Boldly and aggressively)))
Only one thing, if your please.. Solo sounds slightly apart from the band, like a backintracks playingCool
Cheers!