Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
BoogieSnakes: ' It's My Right '
Here Is my try if this Cool Song

Needs More Work Any feedback and advice welcome Big Grin

Thanks Wink !

.mp3    It\'s My Right-V-1_1.mp3 --  (Download: 9.9 MB)

.mp3    It\'s My Right V2..mp3 --  (Download: 9.82 MB)

It's My Right Version 2 Big Grin
hi, Don! I love the guitar at 2.25, great sound!

There's something I don't like about the bass. I think that there's too much low in it for my taste. It's the same thing like when you hear those plossives P's in vocals (sorry, I can't explain it any better since English is not my first language).

But I like the rest of of the mix and it sounds pretty good to me. Good work Smile

mixing since April 2013
I like the raw bluesy sound.

I agree with juanjose, something is wrong with the low end of bass. But on the other hand you have given it nice driving role. I must have tried that also.

Vox sound is just perfect to me.

Guitars behind vox feel little muddy. Espcesially when th solo start. They are from different sound stage. Solo guitar sounds maybe too much li a DI mic. It ruins a bit the illusion of band playing together. On the other hand the sound as such is verhy ok

Thanks for having a listen Guys , I will have another play around I'm finding it a good challenge especially the bass and kick.
now the bass is much better than before Smile I can still hear something strange there but it's not like before. Probably it's what you were pointing out from the beginning that you didn't like much. I can only hear it in the beginning of the song. Probably some distorsion could help there or even maybe a bass amp plugin to change the overall sound of it... I should try this one and experiment too Wink
mixing since April 2013
(28-03-2015, 08:13 PM)juanjose1967 Wrote: now the bass is much better than before Smile I can still hear something strange there but it's not like before. Probably it's what you were pointing out from the beginning that you didn't like much. I can only hear it in the beginning of the song. Probably some distorsion could help there or even maybe a bass amp plugin to change the overall sound of it... I should try this one and experiment too Wink

Thanks Version 3 coming soon Smile !
Listened the version 2. I think there's something fishy about the reverb. I dont know if it's some sort of bus reverb thing, but I think you're sending at least drums and vocals to it. It sounds "hissy," like there is a bit too much highs there. Otherwise I like your raw, punchy and pumpy drums, especially during the guitar solo, which also has a great sound. In general, I think your mix works very well during the solo. As you know, I would have gone wider with the panning of rhythm guitars. Smile
(29-03-2015, 05:34 PM)kapu Wrote: Listened the version 2. I think there's something fishy about the reverb. I dont know if it's some sort of bus reverb thing, but I think you're sending at least drums and vocals to it. It sounds "hissy," like there is a bit too much highs there. Otherwise I like your raw, punchy and pumpy drums, especially during the guitar solo, which also has a great sound. In general, I think your mix works very well during the solo. As you know, I would have gone wider with the panning of rhythm guitars. Smile
Yes you are correct I used a mastering bus reverb ,will add to my growing list of things to fix with wider guitars in the next version,
Thanks for the feedback Big Grin
CanĀ“t put my finger on it but I would revisit the EQ on the leadvox. I would like the mix to sound less "live". Pretty vauge pointers Big Grin Sorry about that Blush