Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MY EARS ARE FALLING APART!
Here's my mix. Had trouble controlling the ride cymbal at the end, and I think there's some digital distortion at a few parts because of the guitar buildup.

Let me know what you think. Honest feedback only please, thank you.

.mp3    FALLING_APART.mp3 --  (Download: 5.19 MB)

-MB Pro, Core i7, High Sierra
-Apollo Quad
-PT 12.8.3
-SSL X-Desk
-Neve 542, UBK Kush Electra, Pete's Place BAC 500 Compressors, DBX 165A, Eventide Omnipressor, SPL Transient Designer
-Amphion Two18
-Jim Williams Modded GFA-555
-Burl B2 Bomber ADC
-Crane Song Solaris DAC
-Sennheiser HD650
From the feedback you gave everyone else I was expecting your mix to be fantastic.
Its all thin and distorted to bits.How can you even post the mix sounding like this.
(15-03-2015, 05:00 PM)takka360 Wrote: From the feedback you gave everyone else I was expecting your mix to be fantastic.
Its all thin and distorted to bits.How can you even post the mix sounding like this.

Lol yikes I didn't know it was that bad! Guess my ears were playing tricks on me during this mix. Thanks for the honest feedback.
-Apollo Quad
-PT 12.8.3
-SSL X-Desk
-Neve 542, UBK Kush Electra, Pete's Place BAC 500 Compressors, DBX 165A, Eventide Omnipressor, SPL Transient Designer
-Amphion Two18
-Burl B2 Bomber ADC
-Crane Song Solaris DAC
-Sennheiser HD650
Come to think of it I did this whole mix in my headphones, and hadn't even checked it on my monitors or car before posting (have family in town and only worked on it at night). After bringing it down to the car real quick it is quite thin on everything but the bass and kick. Lesson learned!
-Apollo Quad
-PT 12.8.3
-SSL X-Desk
-Amphion Two18
-Burl B2 Bomber ADC
-Crane Song Solaris DAC
-Sennheiser HD650
The balance is good and the vibe fits the song.

It lacks some low end meat, and specially low mids, i think you cleaned them too much.

Voice has a reverb that sounds "cheap" or like a bathroom and makes it sit less upfront than it should.

And hihat is a little loud or maybe has too much hi mids, specially against the vocals because it makes the hihta feel more upfront than the vocals.
Please comment on others mixes, this site is all about feedback.
(15-03-2015, 07:35 PM)jeremias666 Wrote: The balance is good and the vibe fits the song.

It lacks some low end meat, and specially low mids, i think you cleaned them too much.

Voice has a reverb that sounds "cheap" or like a bathroom and makes it sit less upfront than it should.

And hihat is a little loud or maybe has too much hi mids, specially against the vocals because it makes the hihta feel more upfront than the vocals.

Thanks for the detailed and honest feedback!
-Apollo Quad
-PT 12.8.3
-SSL X-Desk
-Amphion Two18
-Burl B2 Bomber ADC
-Crane Song Solaris DAC
-Sennheiser HD650