Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bobby Nobody: Stitch Up mixed by Foxaro
Listen, enjoy and please give me some feedback! Cool

.mp3    Bobby Nobody Master_01.mp3 --  (Download: 8.16 MB)

Enjoyed listening to your mix ,I found this one to be a difficult one to sound ok , listening on headphones ,apart from the hi hat and cymbals sounding a touch upfront on them, it is a nice clean balanced sounding mix Big Grin.
Good Job
(14-03-2015, 11:49 AM)thedon Wrote: Enjoyed listening to your mix ,I found this one to be a difficult one to sound ok , listening on headphones ,apart from the hi hat and cymbals sounding a touch upfront on them, it is a nice clean balanced sounding mix Big Grin.
Good Job

Thank you very much, I'm definetively going to check that. Thanks for listening Big Grin

Hey Fox...

Good mix man. You know, when people ask for feedback around here, I always feel like they don't know who they are dealing with.

If we are engineers, then we can never be perfectly objective.

Ironically, I just decided to pull this track up again to mix myself (I do this, with Stitch Up, every six months or so because, frankly, I find the arrangement, the song, and the complications of the mix to be a great reminder of the need to advance)!

Anyway, your mix sounds balanced, not overly compressed or obtrusive, and certainly not yanking me out of the point. I would only suggest that, with a song like this, you consider how to push the envelope a little bit--not because you must, but because that's how we grow in our trade!?

I'll be posting my new mix on this in a day or two; maybe you can have a listen. You certainly did a fine job on yours. I just feel like this is the set of raw tracks that demand pushing the limits in some way!

Joe Walter
a.k.a. "grizwalter"
Mile-High Audio Productions
www.mountainmix.net
[email protected]

Good mix,i think the bass is a bit uneven really low at times then really over powering other times.
Good work but I would look into that bass.
(16-03-2015, 11:02 PM)grizwalter Wrote: Hey Fox...

Good mix man. You know, when people ask for feedback around here, I always feel like they don't know who they are dealing with.

If we are engineers, then we can never be perfectly objective.

Ironically, I just decided to pull this track up again to mix myself (I do this, with Stitch Up, every six months or so because, frankly, I find the arrangement, the song, and the complications of the mix to be a great reminder of the need to advance)!

Anyway, your mix sounds balanced, not overly compressed or obtrusive, and certainly not yanking me out of the point. I would only suggest that, with a song like this, you consider how to push the envelope a little bit--not because you must, but because that's how we grow in our trade!?

I'll be posting my new mix on this in a day or two; maybe you can have a listen. You certainly did a fine job on yours. I just feel like this is the set of raw tracks that demand pushing the limits in some way!

Hey thanks and don't worry, when I ask for feedback I'm not expecting a 100% objective one, I'm only interested in knowing what other engineers think about my mix.
What do you mean when you say that I should consider how to push the envelope a little? I don't get that. Thank you for the feedback.
(17-03-2015, 05:57 AM)takka360 Wrote: Good mix,i think the bass is a bit uneven really low at times then really over powering other times.
Good work but I would look into that bass.

Thank you! Now that you mentioned it, I've had the feeling that the bass was uneven sometimes too. Definitively going to fix thatCool
Excellent mix! I agree with the bass being too powerful sometimes, particularly in the chorus. When the intro/bridge comes back again after the first chorus, the lead guitars feel small compared to it. But I really liked how clean and well defined it sounds, specially in the verses.
(04-04-2015, 12:33 PM)lahdez Wrote: Excellent mix! I agree with the bass being too powerful sometimes, particularly in the chorus. When the intro/bridge comes back again after the first chorus, the lead guitars feel small compared to it. But I really liked how clean and well defined it sounds, specially in the verses.

Hey! thanks a lot and yes I agree with that. That bass is really changing in every section haha Cool