Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rock Mix - Doppler Shift - Atrophy
Here's my mix of this incredible song. I hope I did it some justice! I really wanted to do a full drum replacement on these crappy sampled drums but decided to just leave them and make it work as best as I could. I did replace the hihat because the hi-hat switched to the the wrong articulation late in the song. It was supposed to be a closed pedal and instead was a closed hit while the drummer was playing that 16th note rhythm on the floor toms (meaning the dude is Terry Bozzio or a MIDI note got misplaced). So I replaced the hat to make it actually playable and to keep the closed pedal sounds consistent throughout.

I also had a time with the EQ on the vocals. There's a lot of graininess on the track I couldn't quite filter out. Maybe a cheap mic? It just wasn't smooth; maybe I just suck at EQ'ing (probably that). Anywho... I'd love some feedback:

.mp3    Jacob Smith - Doppler Shift - Atrophy.mp3 --  (Download: 12.47 MB)

Nice mix, my only gripe is the kick sounds a bit loud and a bit flabby
Good work overall .
Thanks pal. I felt like I couldn't get that kick to do what I wanted it to and probably ended up adding too much low end on it. Thanks for the feedback!