Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Too Bright Radio Mix -
What a perfect song to use cool verbs, I thought it was fun. Did some trickery with delays and reverb for hard left and right drum 'rooms' to tie both kits together and lay the ambient soundscape. . I made this mix to simulate a radio song. If you're in sacramento, this should be on 94.7 haha. I picked up on the hallucinogen vibe almost instantly and mixed accordingly, it was reassuring to read the artists post about his intentions which helped me finalize some things. (For me, the hardest part mixing songs from here is not knowing what the artist would want, which is ultimately the most important)
I actually wanted to take the attention away from the 2nd lead vocal because it wasn't the best sonically. I added a filter and mixed both together. And since its more electronic/EDM in the choruses I wanted the vox to blend in more as an instrument rather than a vocal.

Cheers Apple Software

.m4a    too bright mix aac.m4a --  (Download: 9.25 MB)

I think that this is one of the best mixes I have ever ever heard. How did you do the chorus (that stereo thing with main vocal)? In the middle eight the guitars could be louder 4 dB.
Thanks Bro!