Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My mix for Nerve 9 - Pray for the Rain
Here's my mix .. turns out LCR Panning is as good as they say...
Be sure to listen to the guitar solo at the end .. did some heavy processing there.. Also the guitars were very well played...
The drums were amazing... Cheers to the band.. Smile

Thanks...
Please be honest with the comments...

Scroll Down to listen to a better sounding mix .. Smile

.mp3    Nerve9_PrayForTheRain (Final Mix Master 3).mp3 --  (Download: 12.74 MB)

(26-11-2015, 02:22 PM)raghav330 Wrote: The drums were amazing...

Recorded to order by Jim McCarty at www.drum-tracks.com, if you want a piece of that for your own productions... Smile

(26-11-2015, 03:32 PM)Mike Senior Wrote:
(26-11-2015, 02:22 PM)raghav330 Wrote: The drums were amazing...

Recorded to order by Jim McCarty at www.drum-tracks.com, if you want a piece of that for your own productions... Smile

Sure Mike Senior , I'll give it a try... Thanks ... Smile
Hi there
I think You have a pretty good mix here, maybe I should have make it a little less brighten on the guitars, It's a taste thing I beleive. I like a little warmer sound.
Could have some more body in the snare also.
I really love the guitarsolo in the end. It is really really nice. Wanna tell how you processed it ? Would I change my mix something I would go for that sound now :-)
Well done

/Cassandra
Thanks for mixing the track ! That was a cool part with the guitar at the end ! I liked that strategy a lot. A little bit overdriven for my taste, but I will be the pickiest given that I played the guitar Smile just mentioning, as this is what I would tell you if you were mixing it for me. Really creative though - stood out as a highlight.

What I really noticed about your mix was that there seemed to be a lot of lower mid missing - vocals/guitar. It made things sound a little more bright/harsh than they should to my ears. Maybe a monitoring thing - I started using an avantone speaker to help myself with this one. It should be evident though if you flip between your mix and Mike's.

Cheers again - thanks again for sharing and the creativity !

Thomas
(29-11-2015, 08:18 PM)Cassandra Wrote: Hi there
I think You have a pretty good mix here, maybe I should have make it a little less brighten on the guitars, It's a taste thing I beleive. I like a little warmer sound.
Could have some more body in the snare also.
I really love the guitarsolo in the end. It is really really nice. Wanna tell how you processed it ? Would I change my mix something I would go for that sound now :-)
Well done

/Cassandra

oh wow I did not expect a comment so soon on this forum... Thanks a lot .. Yes I do realize now the guitars are too bright... I'll surely keep this mind when mixing the next song.. Smile
(30-11-2015, 07:09 AM)ThomasStevenson Wrote: Thanks for mixing the track ! That was a cool part with the guitar at the end ! I liked that strategy a lot. A little bit overdriven for my taste, but I will be the pickiest given that I played the guitar Smile just mentioning, as this is what I would tell you if you were mixing it for me. Really creative though - stood out as a highlight.

What I really noticed about your mix was that there seemed to be a lot of lower mid missing - vocals/guitar. It made things sound a little more bright/harsh than they should to my ears. Maybe a monitoring thing - I started using an avantone speaker to help myself with this one. It should be evident though if you flip between your mix and Mike's.

Cheers again - thanks again for sharing and the creativity !

Thomas

Thanks.. yes I guess to remove the boxiness of the instruments I lost the lower frequencies on the way ... I did work a bit more on my mix... heres another one.. Maybe I should have uploaded this version of the mix before..

.mp3    Nerve9_PrayForTheRain (Final Mix Master 2).mp3 --  (Download: 12.74 MB)