Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Nerve 9 - "Pray For the Rain" (MarroquinFan remix)
After a few failed mixing attempts with this song, I finally ended up with a mix I'm proud of. Cool

I made the vocals in your face and that I found to work very well with this mix. I added a lot of bass in there, but if my current monitoring setup works it should be pretty much at a perfect gain level.

The snare was tricky, I tried a few different configurations but finally decided to keep it pretty dry because it made the mix a little more calm sounding, which I liked.

At first I thought I got the hi-hat and cymbals too loud, but after a while I realized I had ended up with a perfect balance on these, just quiet enough not to clip the mix but loud enough to make the drums have a good high end punch.

The magic happened in the mixing process, although I worked really hard at mastering too.

I hope you enjoy it! Cool

Nerve 9 - "Pray For the Rain" (MarroquinFan remix final v2, higher quality version)

.mp3    Nerve 9 - Pray For the Rain (final remix v2).mp3 --  (Download: 13.1 MB)

Hi ! I am also new to mixing stuff. Good work!! A few suggestions maybe. I think pulling up the lead guitar volume I think would help put energy on the instrumental part. But sounds good to me anyway. Check out mine too. I would be willing to hear
some opinions from you. Angel