Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boogiesnakes - It's My Right Mix
Let me know how it sounds, Thanks!

Drums processed separately and sent to a drum bus
Hats panned Right 10, Snare panned right 5 to make room for vox
Drum bus: buss compression, Tape emulation, limiter

Only used the bass DI. Made it stereo panned Left 15, Right 15 instead of mono to make room for the vocals. Expander on the high frequencies to catch the slides and snaps.

Gtr's panned hard left and right. Expander on the dominant middle frequencies to keep the gtr's upfront. Slight reverb on all gtr's. Harmonic exciter and slight limiting on the gtr busses. Put the lead Gtr in the center and duplicated Gtr1 to the right side during the lead.

Vox processed with EQ, de-esser, comp (-3), EQ, Comp (-8), Limit (-4) Mixed with a dry stereo bus and a very light reverb to add fullness and depth.

Mastered with EQ, Buss compression, Multiband Comp, Tape Emulation, two limiters to spread the workload evenly, and EQ boost at 20+k. Around -10 lufs, dbfs

.mp3    Boogiesnakes mix.mp3 --  (Download: 9.85 MB)

Hi,dcav nice mix,the only thing I would say is there is a little too much low end on kick playing through my hifi that's all,good mix, cudjoe.
Thanks for the feedback. I mostly do hiphop/rap so I like alot of low end lol The 60hz is right at 0db on my analyzer.
Amazing I like the low end. I wouldn't touch it.
Thanks man!