Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lookout Mountain - HB Mix
Another great song from this band

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New version, Mix_1.1 uploaded below. A few mods here and there

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New version, Mix_1.2 uploaded below. A few mods here and there

.mp3    Lookout Mountain_HB Mix_01.mp3 --  (Download: 12.21 MB)

Wow. that's a solid mix. only thing that i'd suggest is that you control sibilance on the lead vox. everything else is pretty spot on.
Hey pariyani - Thanks for listening and your comments...glad you enjoyed the mix.

I think that you're spot-on re sibilance. I have a couple of de-essers going on but on closer inspection they're only pulling 6db or so ...... it needs more for sure!

Cheers
I think that that the main vocal sounds expensive and well done (a little less 2k would sound better). The drums and bass could be louder and cymbals could be 4 dB quieter.
Hey Obelix - thx for listening and posting your comments. Cheers
New version, Mix_1.1. A few mods here and there

.mp3    Lookout Mountain_HB Mix_1.1.mp3 --  (Download: 12.21 MB)

(17-03-2015, 11:26 AM)HbGuitar Wrote: New version, Mix_1.1. A few mods here and there

Hi Hb, the only issue i hear here which for me takes it beyond the realms of personnel taste decisions is the amount of compression on your drum buss (and/or kick) as the kick pumps the overheads and sounds too heavy handed for a soft acoustic track like this.
(24-03-2015, 08:55 PM)mixingonamission Wrote: Hi Hb, the only issue i hear here which for me takes it beyond the realms of personnel taste decisions is the amount of compression on your drum buss (and/or kick) as the kick pumps the overheads and sounds too heavy handed for a soft acoustic track like this.

Hey MOM, thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave comments - Not sure what you're hearing re kick/drum buss/OH as I only have 1db across drum buss on slow release so hardly likely to pump anything...lol Big Grin.

probably just my level/eq preferences - i like a solid bottom end. Plus I kinda dig the driving groove set-up by the acoustic so I'm not looking for a soft acoustic vibe - going more country rock Cool

That said I'm not happy with my OH treatment so will need to check that out

cheers
To my ears there is a nasty frequency in the overheads the spoiling the mix .
Tad too muck maybe on the drums I agree
(27-03-2015, 07:30 AM)takka360 Wrote: To my ears there is a nasty frequency in the overheads the spoiling the mix .
Tad too muck maybe on the drums I agree

I'm not overly keen on OHs myself....i may need to duck back in and have a look