Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thank you from µ
Hey there folks! I am Zach, the creator of this track. I just wanted to thank everyone in this thread for the time and work they've committed to this track. It was actually very cool to find out there was a thread let alone people who took the time to write about their experiences and methods for manipulating it.

A Little About This Track
I wrote it in January 2013. It's mainly about the effects of hallucinogenic mushrooms. I wrote the music first and fit the lyrics into it.

Writing Process
I started with an 8 bar loop and built all instruments on that 8 bar loop. That's why the chord progressions are so similar in the verse and chorus (they might even be identical I don't remember). I then took some of the instruments and basically chopped and resampled them to make that weird FX track over the chorus. I did this with all the tracks I made that year.

Recording process
My setup is rather meager so I don't have a lot to work with. The guitar is a frankensteined Tele through a Mesa Boogie Triple rectifier direct out into some IR cabinet simulation. The vocals are in a tiny non-treated room with a Behringer B2 pro. I ran them through the Triple Rec and got a little carried away with the gain. The vocals are actually scratch tracks as the song sat for an entire year before anyone besides myself heard it. I just decided to release as-is as I had moved on and couldn't bring myself to work on it any longer. The synth work is just layered VSTs with some wobbles and pitch bending. I had never done anything like it previously so it was mainly experimentation. Everything went into an M-Audio Profire 610.

Again, thank you to everyone for their efforts!