Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Long Wait: Lookout Mountain
My mix

.mp3    Lookout Mountain.mp3 --  (Download: 12.02 MB)

Hey pariyani. pretty solid mix overall.

I think that your vox is a smidge too wet, especially in the opening verse with just the guitar. I think the vocalist took as step back on the opening line and walked forward for the rest of the song. The result is that the FX level that you've chosen accentuates this and makes the vox seem more distant than they probably should.

The bright tone of your acugtrs is also helping to push the vox back into the mix too....not something you really want to happen in any country genre.

If you roll off the highs on the acugtrs a touch and control the vox FX i think you'll have a pretty decent mix.

Cheers

Hi HBGuitar,

Thanks for the great feedback. I noticed that the guitars sound a little thin on earphones. I guess i'll have to add some more mid range "meat" to the guitars as well.
I'll repost after making the changes.

(07-03-2015, 05:00 AM)HbGuitar Wrote: Hey pariyani. pretty solid mix overall.

I think that your vox is a smidge too wet, especially in the opening verse with just the guitar. I think the vocalist took as step back on the opening line and walked forward for the rest of the song. The result is that the FX level that you've chosen accentuates this and makes the vox seem more distant than they probably should.

The bright tone of your acugtrs is also helping to push the vox back into the mix too....not something you really want to happen in any country genre.

If you roll off the highs on the acugtrs a touch and control the vox FX i think you'll have a pretty decent mix.

Cheers