Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Timo Carlier - The Road Ahead
Hi

This is my mix of this very nice song.

After heard a few mixes, where some of them sounds like Nick Drake , I decided to use some reverb and see where it took me.

I thought that the second verse needed some bass, to add some weight to the guitar pattern, so I took my acoustic bass and played the same as the guitar, but an octave lower and put it low in the mix. I also played a "drop D" during the instrumental part close to the end of the song, to continue the weight from the second verse. This too is low in the mix.

I hope it's not out of line to add things that I think would make the song sound better, in that case I apologize!

Please take listen and tell me what you think.

Any comment is appreciated!

Thanks!

.mp3    Timo Carlier v3.mp3 --  (Download: 10.6 MB)

Hi Lydkjell,

Nice to hear your mix. It all feels balanced. It's great you decided to add some instruments! While I like the way you've doubled the riff in that verse, it feels a little strange to me to hear a bass guitar but not the root note. Maybe I'm too conservative about song writing Smile. I like the flanger effect a lot in the instrumental bit; that really adds something. In the last part (Dad...) it feels like things suddenly slow down, but I could be wrong about that.
Cheers,
Timo