Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
PTalbot "fool" 2020 mix
PTalbot strikes againSmile i like the little riff in the solo it reminded me of "statisfaction" RS, any way please leave honest comments,cudjoe.

I wonder what happened to P Talbot Huh such a good artists, anyway here is my 2020 mix.
I have updated the 2020mix Big Grin

.mp3    PTALBOT,FOOL,.mp3 --  (Download: 7.75 MB)

.mp3    PTALBOT,FOOL,mix 2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.78 MB)

.mp3    PTALBOT,FOOL,mix 3.mp3 --  (Download: 7.75 MB)

.mp3    P Talbot Fool 2020 Mix.update.mp3 --  (Download: 7.78 MB)

Big Grin Yeah, this one is a kind of a joke, and I've had fun citing a few well known rock pieces during the guitar solo, "Satisfaction" being one of them, I'm wondering if you did spot the others?
I think you did well with that mix. A few things I would tweak to make it better:
- the snare sound, it's got a lot of bottom mic, I would lower the level of it and EQ/compress to make it a bit more punchy and less bulky if that makes sense
- the lead guitar is a bit low (in volume), not during the last chorus, but doing the solo, I think you could easily make it louder and give it a bit more presence.
Apart from that, good job! Smile
"Music, in performance, is a type of sculpture. The air in the performance is sculpted into something." - Frank Zappa

Some air moved here
hi patrick i did not spot the other riffs i have made the adjustments on mix 2 see what you think,thanks again,cudjoe
There's quotes from Deep Purple, Santana, the Stones and Led Zeppelin in that solo Wink
The actual song guitar lick was inspired by the riff from Deep Purple "Burn"... I was a big fan at one point. Big Grin
Now your mix: I think the balance is better.
One thing that I'm hearing that has been accentuated on this one is the drums overheads. It makes the snare coming from the sides more than from the center, which sound a bit weird to me... But you're getting there, I think...
"Music, in performance, is a type of sculpture. The air in the performance is sculpted into something." - Frank Zappa

Some air moved here
3rd time lucky??? and yes you were right about the snare on one side,thanks for the info on the solo riffs.cudjoe.
Hi patrick I have updated the track is it 3rd time lucky?
Sounds better Cudjoe! If I had to nitpick (and if you want to listen, which is entirely up to you), I would say that the snare has too much bottom vs top. I would bring up the top and bring down the bottom to give it more snap and less rattle. But it's a taste thing and if you like it like that, then it's fine.
Good job! Smile

Some air moved here
Thank you for your review patrick, cudjoe.
Hi!
Good job on this one. I really like the way You've the way You've worked on the vocals. The bass is also great, the low end is rich but it could be a bit less noticeable in the mix.
The drums are really nice too. I like the way You've brighten the up but they also sounded a bit too thin too me. Especially the snare. Remember it's a jazzy song my friend and the drums have to be rich. Metal is for thin drums Tongue
The guitars are nice too, but I would use a bit less delay/reverb on them because it pushes them back in the mix.
The rhodes is also well threated and it sits good in the mix.
The last think I would consider to be done is some editing. There are a few "not so in tempo" notes out there. It's a good strategy to double check on that before start mixing Smile
Anyway again great job!
Love for music in the world devoid of feelings.
https://www.youtube.com/user/exotrio
Hi!
Maybe not the right place, but I was curious about Your setting on this one.
I swear I can hear Trillian bass, EZX Jazz drums and the rhodes sounds like Lounge Lizard. Just wanted to ask if my ears fool me or not Big Grin

(06-03-2015, 07:33 AM)ptalbot Wrote: Sounds better Cudjoe! If I had to nitpick (and if you want to listen, which is entirely up to you), I would say that the snare has too much bottom vs top. I would bring up the top and bring down the bottom to give it more snap and less rattle. But it's a taste thing and if you like it like that, then it's fine.
Good job! Smile

Love for music in the world devoid of feelings.
https://www.youtube.com/user/exotrio