Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cold Strive - mix
What do you think ?

.mp3    drumbass v3.mp3 --  (Download: 12.9 MB)

Hey Andrzejmikosz,

There are a couple of things you might want to address in your mix:

1. You should bring the background elements, mainly the melody-synths, a tad up - the lead-synth especially could use some extra volume. Smile
2. I have noticed that you've been usin a lot of distortion on the lead-synth - That might be a good idea, but this way the Delay applied on the Lead is also being distorted, making some parts, like 3:00, quite unpleasant and perhaps irritate the listener.

Other than that, the mix sounds fine to me - a bit error-fixing and this mix is good to go!

I would like to see a second version of your Mix!, keep it up! Smile
(28-02-2015, 09:06 PM)Skelpolu Wrote: Hey Andrzejmikosz,

There are a couple of things you might want to address in your mix:

1. You should bring the background elements, mainly the melody-synths, a tad up - the lead-synth especially could use some extra volume. Smile
2. I have noticed that you've been usin a lot of distortion on the lead-synth - That might be a good idea, but this way the Delay applied on the Lead is also being distorted, making some parts, like 3:00, quite unpleasant and perhaps irritate the listener.

Other than that, the mix sounds fine to me - a bit error-fixing and this mix is good to go!

I would like to see a second version of your Mix!, keep it up! Smile

I've made some corrections on the mix regarding your suggestions, and changed a little bit the distortion proportions.

Let me know, what you think now.

.mp3    drumbass edit 64.mp3 --  (Download: 12.9 MB)

The mix sounds way more improved now indeed. One thing I would like to adress is the bass: it seems fairly thin and that could be caused by your EQ cutting out too much of the mids / low-mids, but that's only my first impression. This time, it sounds way more balanced as I've said and good as is technically, though for the sake of the genre I'd fix the Bass if I'd want to. Smile

In any case, great job on this mix!
On a sidenote: if you did like mixing this track, go check out the album this track came from and then vote via the link in my signature which track you want the multitracks of next on this site. Smile