Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heartbeats
This is my first mix. I want to learn and improve my skills. Waiting for comments =)

.mp3    JulietsRescue_Heartbeats.mp3 --  (Download: 7.79 MB)

The choruses feel rather narrow for this kind of style. At the moment it feels a bit odd that the verses give the impression of being considerably wider. The different vocals all sound a bit too much the same for me too. This kind of track is heavily reliant on its vocal arrangement contrasts to maintain interest. I'd work with different varieties of double-tracking, reverb, delay, and widening treatments, rather than the distortion you've gone with. It sounds like you've tried to make this into a rock track, rather than allowing it to have a foot in both the pop and rock camps.

Speaking of delays, that's what I'm really missing in the verses too. It's begging for something trippy and ping-pongy to my ears, so I'd go wild with a few presets and see how the results hit you. Balance isn't bad, though, and you've kept a good sense of clarity in the sonics, which is important. The trick is to retain that clarity with more vocal effects!

I'd check your vocal levels between sections, because they seem rather inconsistent -- sometimes not loud enough, sometimes too loud. A single-driver midrange speaker of some kind would help here.
I remade it from beginning.
1) lightly changed balance;
2) changed widening;
3) changed vocals, used reverb and widening;
4) used exciter and convolution reverb for bass(DI) and kick to make in more juicy.

.mp3    JulietsRescue_Heartbeat_v2.mp3 --  (Download: 7.89 MB)