Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BoogieSnakes_ItsMyRight d2000
Thanks for the tracks. How is this mix?

.mp3    BoogieSnakes_ItsMyRight_2_15.mp3 --  (Download: 9.87 MB)

A well balanced mix. Great job! What I would say, was that I found the extreme panning on the guitar a bit distracting, and perhaps you could brighten the cymbals and top end of drums a bit, but overall a nice, warm mix!
Really like this mix, good instrument and tonal balance.

It's a common problem with one guitar part sections - kick, snare, bass and vocals all need to be central, so where do you put one guitar so things aren't unbalanced? My solution when mixing this was to pan single guitar less severely then automate or mult to pan wider when there's another part to balance it out in the stereo image.

Also I keep bleating on about that lead guitar DI - do I detect a tiny hint of it in this mix? When I came to mix this tune (BTW I'm the band's guitarist, songwriter, producer, gig-getter, manager, tea boy, etc, etc...) I wasn't happy with the amped guitar tone I had. Fortunately I had recorded the DI signal just in case, so I re-amped it, resulting in the mic'ed tracks you have. So the reason I included the DI track in this was in case anyone wanted to try a similar approach - but definitely *not* so it could be included in the mix without first going through a guitar amp or (good quality) amp simulation!

Anyway, I digress, sorry about the essay - as I say above, good work!!
Thank you both! My idea was to have the guitar on the right and the hihat to the left, i wanted to focus the bass. Maybe it was not clear enough… Wink

I used the DI track for more "definition".

As i listen to it again after two days i think the bass is a little bit too loud.

How about this?

.mp3    BoogieSnakes_ItsMyRight_3.mp3 --  (Download: 9.87 MB)

Really nice!
p.s. please offer advice for my 3rd mix!