Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
THROUGH MY EYES MIX
hey guys let me know what you think of it...

.mp3    through my eyes.mp3 --  (Download: 9.47 MB)

(12-02-2013, 08:20 AM)frush1216 Wrote: hey guys let me know what you think of it...

Hey man!

Good mix! The acoustic guitar is perfect! All thumbs and toes up!

Just a few things though.. Smile

- Maybe use a high pass filter on the lead vocals too clear up the bottom a bit.

- The hihat and snare is a bit loud, at least in the beginning. Maybe ease up on the high end there to make it less present in the mix.

Good job!

Cheers,

Marcus
www.jamolir.com
Thanks man !! will keep that in mind Smile..
You've got some pretty savage transients on your drums. Irrespective of the aesthetics of such a choice -- such hard-sounding drums seem very out of character -- this aspect of the sonics does also mean that they reach right out front, way in front of the vocal, and therefore distract from the star of the show. Taming those with a fast HF multiband limiter reveals that that the rest of the balance is pretty sensible, however, and the lead vocal sound has a good degree of both warmth and fizz -- a good judgement call, I think. The degree of jingle in the acoustic guitars is pretty well-called too.

One criticism is that maybe you've let the pads dictate the sound too much, which does tend to bland out some of the emotions a bit. Still, you've delivered a lovely warm tone to the whole shebang that my ears really appreciate. Balancing also seems very strong in general, with the vocal good and strong, and the effects are supportive without overwhelming or dating things. I like it -- thanks for posting!
Thanks Mike. So glad that you heard it and gave your thoughts on it. Will definitely try to work on what you've mentioned . Thanks again Smile