Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Downtempo - mix
That's my mix of this song. What do you think?

.mp3    downtempo - mix.mp3 --  (Download: 13.53 MB)

I really like the effects on the harp, that said I would probably remove some of the low end from the harp.

Enjoyed the effect on the main pad also, and lots of the background noises are cool too.

I found the entire mix quite muddy, and lacking in clarity. It also feels quite sparse to me, which can be a really good thing - perhaps with more clarity to the instruments that sparseness would be more of a positive thing.
(27-02-2015, 08:38 PM)Mixologist? Wrote: I really like the effects on the harp, that said I would probably remove some of the low end from the harp.

Enjoyed the effect on the main pad also, and lots of the background noises are cool too.

I found the entire mix quite muddy, and lacking in clarity. It also feels quite sparse to me, which can be a really good thing - perhaps with more clarity to the instruments that sparseness would be more of a positive thing.

I've made some corrections regarding your opininon. What do you think?

.mp3    downtempo - mix v2.mp3 --  (Download: 13.53 MB)

Hi there,

First off I think you've done a really good job with the kick, it sounds great.

I'm not such a fan of the snare reverb, but that's a matter of personal opinion.

In general, because the pad is very quiet throughout, the bass doesn't quite have enough 'growl' to be engaging, and the harp sounds a little bit muted (boost some of it's high frequencies and turn up the reverb/delay effect on it perhaps) the entire mix isn't very emotionally engaging for me.

I think you've done such a great job on the kick, and getting everything in the right place frequency-wise, that now is the time to enhance it and sweeten it.

Thanks man!