Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mix From France
Hi Patrick ,
This is another interesting track ! There are two pieces in one, which force us to compromise in terms of compression !
So I let my premix pending further guidance . I allowed myself to cut the rhodes on "pre verses " and at the end so that there is a delay . Keep me notified

.mp3    PERSO_Patrick Talbot - Fool @ Prémix # Analog.mp3 --  (Download: 7.88 MB)

What do you mean by two pieces in one? Not sure I understand...
I think it's a good start but I hear a few level issues:
I think the vocal is a bit low right now, and the lead guitar too loud. And especially at the end when the lead is back during the chorus, it's louder than the vocal and bgvs. It's masking everything, especially with the rather big reverb on it (I don't remember if there was in the track or not, it's been more than a year I did this one, but in any case the levels are too much).
The tambourine during the guitar solo is also very loud.
And finally don't fear to get crazy with the little vocal accents (oh! well!), in my case I used a long delay, you can do whatever you think fits but do something because they don't work dry like that, they are not meant to be.

"Music, in performance, is a type of sculpture. The air in the performance is sculpted into something." - Frank Zappa

Some air moved here