Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
My mix of All I Know
Interesting one, this - can't decide whether it's an 80s or 90s vibe - bit of both, I guess. Makes me think of the Thompson Twins.

Thinking 80s, I've gone for quite a brittle sound on the vocals, quite big and reverby, with a dash of ADT.

I did quite a lot automation and muting to vary the arrangement a bit and try add a bit of ebb and flow. Also doubled the kick and snare with 'real' drum samples to give them a bit more meat. Not mastered, so you'll need to turn it up!

All comments welcome.

.mp3    AllIKnow_LaurieHarrisonMix.mp3 --  (Download: 9.76 MB)

Nice mix, the balance is good and the vibe fits the song.

I like the arrangement changes you made, this song definitely needs to break the pattern a little.

The snare could have a longer reverb specially if you went for and 80 vibe (i too went for and 80 vibe).

Piano feels more upfront than it should against the wet vocals.

I know you didnt mastered the track, but you should not be afraid of puttin a limiter on the 2track to make the levels a little more competitive.
Please comment on others mixes, this site is all about feedback.
Many fine ideas to keep interest throiugh the song, not an easy job with such a basic multi.
I enjoyd your ideas, great call in the outro repeat of chorus to take instruments away
I think the balance lead instruments (vocal and guitar solo) are a bit too much to the solo instruments favor. I like more blend.
The sound is clear and bright and not harsh on my speakers.
Good job, though I dont agree with all mix levels
Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Thinking 80s, going 90s. I think that you are closer to 70s (drums).
I liked your arrangement and the delays at the vocal break. I agree about using samples to enhance the drums, but I'm not sure those particular samples were the best choice. Definitely gives it a bit of a 70's vibe. Also, there's some nasty distortion going on with the guitar tracks (more than what's supposed to be there). You might check your levels on those.

LOVE the harmony break with radio vocal at 2:55. FUN!!

For the record.....we recorded this song in 1994 (but were both heavily influenced by the 80's! Big Grin Great job.

- Matt
Keyboards, Programming, Backing Vox, Samples
Avalon