Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Milk Cow Blues
Interesting song to mix. I tried different things on drums but then I decided that it would be the best to mix a song with mono drums. I mixed this song in 30 minutes. It was one of the easiest for me. I will appreciate some feedback.

.mp3    cow mastered.mp3 --  (Download: 8.06 MB)

Listening to your mix on computer monitors and mono auratone at the moment sounding good especially for a quick mix.
Sounds like you went for the LCR method wich i also use sometimes.
The hard panned Left and Right instruments like the fiddle especially the solo sounds softer than the centre instruments the centre piano when listening especially in mono.
Not sure how this sound using the LCR method maybe swapping the piano to one side and balance with the panned accoustic and the fiddle in the centre with the soloing electric guitar .
The vocal delay could be a more subtle or a different reverb as sounds like being in a differnt room to the music.
Keep mixing Big Grin !
[quote='thedon' pid='29126' dateline='1424844040']
Listening to your mix on computer monitors and mono auratone at the moment sounding good especially for a quick mix.
Sounds like you went for the LCR method wich i also use sometimes.
The hard panned Left and Right instruments like the fiddle especially the solo sounds softer than the centre instruments the centre piano when listening especially in mono.

Thx for the feedback.
Version 2,. Violin in C and piano and gtr L and R. I will leave drums mono.

.mp3    milk cow blues.mp3 --  (Download: 8.05 MB)

Far too much verb but your mixing is getting better
(28-04-2015, 06:59 PM)Obelix Wrote: Version 2,. Violin in C and piano and gtr L and R. I will leave drums mono.
Yes sounds much better now Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts