Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WallOfDeath_Femme
Hello,

this is my very first post on this forum.

I'm into audio for 3-4 years now. In the last months I wanted to get better and learnt pretty much (my opinion). This kind of site is really that thing I needed. It was a pleasure to mix different music, not only my own.

First of all, the song from "Wall of death" is really a very cool death metal song.

In my opinion the recordings were not the very best, so I did a lot of EQ to filter out unwanted noise and resonating stuff especially the vocals

In the following I want to share what I did to you, because when I listened back to some mixes in this sub-forum, I could hear loads of messy frequencies.

snare drum

[Image: f1nvHE.png]

guitars

[Image: VeWcex.png]

vocals

[Image: E7gLqj.png]

Of course I did more than this above Wink It's just to clean up these tracks. Maybe this will help some of you.

The song has a little lower volume, because I don't like heavy compressed music. So turn your speaker volume a little bit up Wink (DR 8 max.!)

Enjoy!

J.D.Redbeard

P.S. Could have de-essed the vocals better ;P

.mp3    Wall of Death Femme_24.02.2015.mp3 --  (Download: 8.87 MB)

Hi J.D, first of all your mix is quite well done overall, my main problem is the kick is a little weak sounding for my taste and this style of metal. I would have compressed the kick a bit harder to get some more attitude and probably would have saturated it a little bit too. The lead guitar is quite bright sounding as well and would benefit from some low end or low mids. The mastering seems to be well done and isn't brick walled like alot of metal stuff is but could benefit from some soft clipping to give some beef to the overall mix and really bring some life to the mix. Again great job on the mix overall Smile
Mixing is way more art and soul than science. We don’t really know what we’re doing. We do it because we love music! It’s the love of music first. Eddie Kramer

Gear list: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, Mbox Mini w/Pro Tools Express, Reaper, Various plugins, AKG K240 MKii, Audio Technica ATH M50x, Yorkville YSM 6