Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mix from France
Hi everybody! I'm new here…
Congratulations for your record, orchestration and the groove!
Cheers from France

.mp3    PERSO_Let Me Free @ BOUNCE v1.mp3 --  (Download: 11.15 MB)

Cool mix MB83! Glad you dig the arrangement and groove.
Je suis français aussi, mais pour que tout le monde puisse suivre je te répondrais en anglais, si tu permets...
I find you managed a good balance overall.
I like the vocal treatment, and the delay is cool, although I would mute it at some point, make it only stand on some phrases, I think it would be more effective than set and forget.
I wonder if you could not push the horns, they sound a little bit low in level and a bit too far in the mix, I'm missing some of the push that they give.
Interesting choice of mixing you did to make the lead guitar during the dissonant part very low and far away, except before the guitar solo where you've make them a feature. I though you pushed the reverb too much in that part, I get the intent, but the reverb wash is a bit too much IMHO.
The bass could be louder possibly, during the solo sections in particulr, maybe a matter of compressing it more.
Anyway, an interesting approach and some cool ideas. I enjoyed the listen! Smile
"Music, in performance, is a type of sculpture. The air in the performance is sculpted into something." - Frank Zappa

Some air moved here
Salut!
Thank you for your reply. I retouched the mix by following your directions , I think closer to what you want to hear . I re-recorded in analog for a slight additional grain. Nevertheless, there are some impecfections the lead vocal regarding his attacks. I hope you like it , let me know for new indications .

.mp3    PERSO_Set Me Free @ BOUNCE v2 # ANALOG.mp3 --  (Download: 11.02 MB)

I have no doubt there are some imperfections with the lead vocal. I'm no singer for sure! Wink
I really like the punch you gave to the drums. I just heard another mix and in yours the drums are standing out very nicely.
I like the width you gave to the "set me free" refrain, really cool. I especially like the horns, they sound big and driving, which I know is not easy to achieve since it's a stereo track.
I still think the secondary guitar during the "set me free" refrain is too wet, the reverb is really making it bigger than it should.
Anyway, I hear some really good improvements on this second mix. And remember that what I'm saying is mainly a matter of personal taste, it's your mix and your vision, I'm giving you mine, but in no way you are forced to follow my indications if you think they are not in phase with your vision. Merci! Smile
"Music, in performance, is a type of sculpture. The air in the performance is sculpted into something." - Frank Zappa

Some air moved here