Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Progressivo 1, El Vuelo (Sano mix)
My mix of Progressivo 1, El Vuelo

.m4a    Progressivo 1, El Vuelo (Sano mix).m4a --  (Download: 7.12 MB)

Hi sano! Pablo Martín here. Thank you so much to try my song, it is really inspiring to hear new visions of the mix of it. I loved the sound of the intro, did you do some eq on the mids of the guitars (in general, i liked the guitar sound!)?
Hi Pablo, I'm glad you like the guitar sound I always agonise over the sound of overdriven guitars. I didn't have to eq the guitars that much, most of the eq balance came from blending the double tracked electric guitars 5 and 6 together using the faders. Guitars 5 had no eq only HPF to 80 Hz and guitar 6 was again HPF and I gave them a boost at around 3k to make them crisper.
cool! it sounds nice!
(06-03-2015, 07:53 PM)sano Wrote: Hi Pablo, I'm glad you like the guitar sound I always agonise over the sound of overdriven guitars. I didn't have to eq the guitars that much, most of the eq balance came from blending the double tracked electric guitars 5 and 6 together using the faders. Guitars 5 had no eq only HPF to 80 Hz and guitar 6 was again HPF and I gave them a boost at around 3k to make them crisper.

You know what I really liked about sharing this song? I´ve being listening to all the new mixes and seems that most of the instruments had the same function for all of you, but what changed a lot was the usage of spaces (like which instrument will receive more or less reverb or space) and the second guitars. Also I´m glad that most of you are doing great job with that, I´m afraid I will have to remix jajajaja.

Did you have problems placing the insturments in the space? (back, front, left right)?

And as I said to the others, let me know your suggestions ( https://soundcloud.com/pmartinchile/prog...1-el-vuelo ) and if you have multitracks here let me know to mix them too!

pm