Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patrick Talbot - Set Me Free_(mix Yuri Semenov)
My mix. very good song and quality of source

.mp3    PatrickTalbot.mp3 --  (Download: 11.44 MB)

.mp3    PatrickTalbot_Set Me Free_(mix_2 Yuri Semenov).mp3 --  (Download: 11.12 MB)

Good mix Yriisem! And glad you like the song! Smile
I like the intimate and rather dry feel of the verses, the vocal sounds good this way, although I think there's a little bit of mud in the lower frequencies that could be EQed out. But the dryness suits it in that context IMHO,
The snare during the solos is sounding a bit distant, did you use some reverb on it, or is it coming from the overheads/room? I would try to tame that a bit and make it come a little closer if possible.
I like the solo guitar part, the rhythm guitars are nicely driving that part, perhaps a little bit too loud though?
"Music, in performance, is a type of sculpture. The air in the performance is sculpted into something." - Frank Zappa

Some air moved here
Hello. Thank you for listening and feedback. Voice really had too much in the middle of the bottom. I heard it, but sorry to lay baritone Smile
Reverb I added in small amounts almost everywhere, for the total amount
 Added a second version of the mix, little changed, although I like the first option too Smile
I think the second mix sounds better, good job Yriisem!
"Music, in performance, is a type of sculpture. The air in the performance is sculpted into something." - Frank Zappa

Some air moved here