Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WALL OF DEATH - "FEMME" MIX
here´s my mix for wall of death´s "femme",would like to hear some feedback and suggestions.
enjoy!.

.mp3    Wall of Death_Femme_Marcio.mp3 --  (Download: 8.98 MB)

The volume balance sound good to me

Just a few tips:
- the vocals are little bit too loud
- the lead guitar is in my opinion way to loud and they sound pretty dry. Maybe put a stereo delay and little reverb on them.
- The vocals here tend to have too much around 500 hz. I think you cutted already there, but there is still something noisy going on.
- the low end sounds very good to me, but adjust the topend. There little bit too much.

Hope that helps.

J.D.
(03-03-2015, 05:40 PM)J.D.Redbeard Wrote: The volume balance sound good to me

Just a few tips:
- the vocals are little bit too loud
- the lead guitar is in my opinion way to loud and they sound pretty dry. Maybe put a stereo delay and little reverb on them.
- The vocals here tend to have too much around 500 hz. I think you cutted already there, but there is still something noisy going on.
- the low end sounds very good to me, but adjust the topend. There little bit too much.

Hope that helps.

J.D.
Thanks a lot for the feedback J.D!
Just finished another version of my mix.
The lead guitar and vocals are lower, also i tried adding some delay in the lead guitar.
I like the result and really would like to know your opinion on this one.
Regards!

.mp3    Femme_Mix_2.mp3 --  (Download: 8.68 MB)

Hey Marcio,

your mix got better, dude Wink

Just a few more hints:

- Check your (multi-)compressor on the Master fader. There's too much gain reduction going on in some parts (solo). (!!!)
- Is there any effect (delay,...) on the rythm guitar? If yes, erase it.
- Maybe some notch filtering in the rythm guitars @ 300 Hz
- I wouldn't pan the both solo/lead guitars, it's a matter of taste. But you should turn them a little bit up again and put a nice stereo delay on them Wink Maybe lower the volume and do a nice cut in the characteristics of the rythm guitars during the solos. So the lead guitars can cut through nicely.

Really, check your compressor settings! The rest is only finetuning.

Hope this helps!

J.D.