Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Set me free - Voelund
Mixed this on/off for a long time. The snare is a bit tricky to place.
Worked a lot on that and the guitar sounds were changed slightly
I enjoyd the jazzy feel of this one and moved the vox in places to make it more laidback

Thx for sharing this !

.mp3    Set me free lim 07.mp3 --  (Download: 11.03 MB)

Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
I think you posted in the wrong forum Voelund! Wink
I like the treatment of the loops, they transition seamlessly with the real drums which was one of the challenge.
Vocal treatment is very nice as well, I like it.
Good call to mute the horns at times as well, although I think I miss them in some places, but I suppose I wouldn't if I wasn't used to them being there.
They lack a bit of oomph though, to my ears, sounding softer than they could be... But I know it's not easy to work with, being a stereo track.
I like the guitar sounds as well, but I think the lead could be a little bit louder during the solo.
And finally the ending, it's surprising, and I see what you wanted to do there, but I'm not entirely sure it works. Although this is probably me being too close to this song and being used to hear it in a certain way.
Still a great mix. I enjoyed this, thanks! Smile
"Music, in performance, is a type of sculpture. The air in the performance is sculpted into something." - Frank Zappa

Some air moved here
Nice mix.Not keen on the horn mute and the vox a very dark and clash with the keys a bit at the bottom end.
The first guitar is a bit lost but overall nice mix.