Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Too Bright, part deux
I can do a lot better than my lousy first version of this... so I did.

Now with added production elements to enhance transitions and move the song forward. Tried to add more/varied character to the tracks... I really don't believe mutes are the answer here. The hard edge in the vocal is basically immune to processing that doesn't completely ruin the track altogether, so this time I tried allowing more brightness elsewhere to create the overall impression of a smoother high end. Not a complete success but better than the first time.

Mastered in the neighborhood of -17 LUFs (~iTunes), did my best to keep the true peak below -1 LU to avoid intersample clipping.

Any comments or criticisms are wholeheartedly welcome and will be well received. I haven't gotten very skilled at this sort of additional production, but ya gotta start sometime.

.mp3    Too Bright Master.mp3 --  (Download: 9.09 MB)

I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!
Sound is good but snares need more meat and I find rhodes on the mid right in the verses distracting. But choruses sound amazing. More low end will be good to have. Middle eight of the song is the best part of it, and also the final chorus.
Thanks for feedback, Obelix. This is a very tricky multitrack to mix.
I'm grateful for comments and suggestions. Thank you for listening!