Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My 100th post Rise up singing
This is my 100th post. Actually this song was my 1st ever mix, but I deleated it as the sound was horrible and it was actually done in Audacity on a home stereo system that colors the sound to much (I did not, I keep it on one of computers) . Now I mixed it for the 2nd time in Studio One 2 free version. I have mixed a lot of songs before attempting to do this one again. Now to celebrate the 100th post, I mixed this good blues song. Here it is.

.mp3    100.mp3 --  (Download: 9.2 MB)

Congratulations on your 100th mix I like it , listening on yamaha ns10's at the moment ,which are quite mid Exaggerated , I used to to boost the top and bottom end when mixing on them , especially after listening to my bass and treble heavy car stereo and my old Bose 901's in my rumpus room (which I payed a fortune for 30 years ago lol ,but still have deep clean tight bass ) and not listening to reffence mixes to adjust my ears for flatter studio monitors.
Your mix sounds mid scooped with bass and treble slightly exagerated on them which may be monitoring and refferencing issue which is a challenge I have to attempt to get my mix to translate on different monitoring situations Big Grin

Your mix sounds mid scooped with bass and treble slightly exagerated on them which may be monitoring and refferencing issue which is a challenge I have to attempt to get my mix to translate on different monitoring situations

Which mids do I need to have more in my mixes ? From 500 to 1,5K or from 1,5K to 3k ?

Thx for the feedback

(16-02-2015, 09:12 PM)Obelix Wrote: This is my 100th post. Actually this song was my 1st ever mix, but I deleated it as the sound was horrible and it was actually done in Audacity on a home stereo system that colors the sound to much (I did not, I keep it on one of computers) . Now I mixed it for the 2nd time in Studio One 2 free version. I have mixed a lot of songs before attempting to do this one again. Now to celebrate the 100th post, I mixed this good blues song. Here it is.

Cool, 100 mixes:) The electric guitar seems to be burried a bit in the mix. I would bring the volume up a bit. There seems to be a build up of mids in the 500Hz range, which makes the lead vocal a little boxy. The bass guitar seems to be a little loud, which over powers the kick.

Overall, a pretty good warm mix:)