Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
James May - Don't Let Go
Here it is!

Apple Software

.mp3    James May_1.mp3 --  (Download: 9.26 MB)

Overall sound is very good to my ears.
Balances, pannings and all the instrument sounds feel just fine to me. So very good job!

Just minor things came to my mind. Probably just personal preferences:

Check the vox reverb or delay. Now it enhances esses. De-esser before verb, of totally different setting might work fine. Check for example verb at 0:19.

And if you dare, try just a little bit less reverb with vox. It might bring the vox slightly nearer and more warmth to it. With this song those atrributes would be very good. Current verb fits fine if one is after a live feeling, band on the stage. But if one wants to enhance ”private personal message from person to person”, then slightly less reverb could be just perfect.

Around 2:34 the solo could be slightly louder, so that it takes the focus and leading role better from the vox.
(16-02-2015, 02:14 PM)Olli H Wrote: Overall sound is very good to my ears.
Balances, pannings and all the instrument sounds feel just fine to me. So very good job!

Just minor things came to my mind. Probably just personal preferences:

Check the vox reverb or delay. Now it enhances esses. De-esser before verb, of totally different setting might work fine. Check for example verb at 0:19.

And if you dare, try just a little bit less reverb with vox. It might bring the vox slightly nearer and more warmth to it. With this song those atrributes would be very good. Current verb fits fine if one is after a live feeling, band on the stage. But if one wants to enhance ”private personal message from person to person”, then slightly less reverb could be just perfect.

Around 2:34 the solo could be slightly louder, so that it takes the focus and leading role better from the vox.

Thanks for the feedback. It's a slapback from the UA AMS RMX16 and your suggesting to DeEss on the send channel before the actual insert right? I did debate on the amount of the FX as well so you definitely heard what I was hearing too at times. I was riding the send channel so some less on the automation side should help. After it almost being a week now I'm hearing the solo level needing to be risen as you have said as well.