Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Set Me Free_Patrick Talbot_mix by Tommy Marcinek
Pat....lol, you crack me up. Yeah taking the transients and reducing them to a greater degree gives the guitar a sound more like Pat Metheny. I love the way Pat Metheny plays and I like his silky sound except for the fact that it doesn't have enough bite or distortion (understandably since he's basically a Jazz player). But, YOUR song, to me, called for a smooth guitar, like the Metheny sound, but with more bite and distortion....THAT was the sound that was dancing around in my head. Like you, I hear everything in my head first, then I "try" to make it a reality. I like trying to experiment with these plugins and do unconventional things. Sometimes they work out, sometimes they don't. I got of kick out of some of the other comments you made to the other members about your tracks, Mike, and stuff. It's all good.

Later,

Tom
tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
Well, I love Pat Metheny and have been hooked to his music and playing since I first heard his "Travels" double live (which is still to me one of the best ECM live album), so I'm with you on that! Smile
"Music, in performance, is a type of sculpture. The air in the performance is sculpted into something." - Frank Zappa

Some air moved here
Happy to say that Mike accepted to host the requested "Upper Hand" song, I've prepared the exports and sent to him, so it should be part of the library in the near future... looking forward to hear everyone's take on this one too! Smile
"Music, in performance, is a type of sculpture. The air in the performance is sculpted into something." - Frank Zappa

Some air moved here
(20-02-2015, 07:37 PM)ptalbot Wrote: Happy to say that Mike accepted to host the requested "Upper Hand" song, I've prepared the exports and sent to him, so it should be part of the library in the near future... looking forward to hear everyone's take on this one too! Smile

Hey Cool, Pat.....can't wait to check the song out and try my hand at mixing it. Peace.....Tom.
tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek