Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Patrick Talbot: 'Set Me Free'
Haven't had much time lately to mix lately,
I like this Song .Needs a more work !
Thank for the tracks !

.mp3    Set Me Free V-1...mp3 --  (Download: 11.03 MB)

Punchy mix thedon! Smile I quite like it.
Only thing that to me really need some work is the snare sound, it's very bulky and perhaps too loud...
Other than that, it's a pretty good start!
"Music, in performance, is a type of sculpture. The air in the performance is sculpted into something." - Frank Zappa

Some air moved here
Good mix, but what is wrong with your drums ? Snare drum does not fit the song, and I like audience perspective better, and your toms are wider than cymbals and sound hollow (that is not how you see real drums). Also bring that bass and rhodes up . All in all 7/10
(13-02-2015, 02:01 AM)ptalbot Wrote: Punchy mix thedon! Smile I quite like it.
Only thing that to me really need some work is the snare sound, it's very bulky and perhaps too loud...
Other than that, it's a pretty good start!
Thanks Patrick will post version 2 soon Big Grin .
(13-02-2015, 12:10 PM)Obelix Wrote: Good mix, but what is wrong with your drums ? Snare drum does not fit the song, and I like audience perspective better, and your toms are wider than cymbals and sound hollow (that is not how you see real drums). Also bring that bass and rhodes up . All in all 7/10

I agree Thanks for the feedback and will work on version soon 2 Big Grin
Vocals sound hipassed. Wich is good but not when I hear that it is. Mix sound smashed from somewhere 2:50, intentionally or not, I don´t like it. Vocal dynamics needs some guidance, obvious at 3:00. I bet version 2 will be up to your normal standards. This wasn´t, sorry.
(14-02-2015, 02:32 PM)mange Wrote: Vocals sound hipassed. Wich is good but not when I hear that it is. Mix sound smashed from somewhere 2:50, intentionally or not, I don´t like it. Vocal dynamics needs some guidance, obvious at 3:00. I bet version 2 will be up to your normal standards. This wasn´t, sorry.
I agree Mange ,Thanks for having a listen and feedback Big Grin !
Am I listening to version 2? The snare sounds excellent to me and not 'bulky' as mentioned.
I think I would like to hear the two solos a bit louder.
PreSonus Studio One DAW
[email protected]
(08-03-2016, 02:54 AM)Mixinthecloud Wrote: Am I listening to version 2? The snare sounds excellent to me and not 'bulky' as mentioned.
I think I would like to hear the two solos a bit louder.

I have to get around to having another mix of this great song and look at the guitar solos.

Thanks for the feedback Big Grin

Please Help Mike Keep This Awesome Educational Site Alive And Become A patron !
https://www.patreon.com/CambridgeMT/posts