Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Backroom In Tulsa - Supernaut mix
Hi everyone!

Just discovered this forum and its treasure trove of unmixed tracks, having an enormous amount of fun mixing them...

This is my first mix, hope you like it. Would love to read your opinions!

S.

.mp3    WesleyMorgan-BackroomInTulsa-Supernaut mix.mp3 --  (Download: 8.77 MB)

Hello bro!
Welcome to the forum

I'm new in mixing too, so take this just as a personal opinion. I can't comment technically.

I liked how you put the singer upfront in this. Sounds nice with the overall feel of the track

Something my ears was expecting is that after 1min the song got a lil bigger (with all those instruments playing mad)

After this, I don't thought it was perfect, but it was certainly good. What made it not perfect, idk. Something I can't identify yet.

Anyway, it was a nice listen.

cya! Big Grin
Thanks for taking the time to comment!
For a first mix it is definitely very good. The balance is nice. I agree with TheParrot on that it should become bigger (so it doesn't get boring). Automation is one of the most important skills you have to learn for mixing. That's what makes it interesting. At around 2:40 for example there is a big difference which would require automation to stand out
Thanks for you words of encouragement and of course the tips. I'll definitely be working on my automation skills!