Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joining the Group, first thread
Mixed and mastered on Studio One 2, native plug ins. Yamaha HS7 monitors. Did use Waves Z-Noise on the bass track. Had a few days of demo left.

.mp3    01 - Hugh Saunier - Back Home to Blue.mp3 --  (Download: 7.47 MB)

I would work on the depth positioning of parts in this mix. I feel that the lead vox is behind pretty much everything, harmony vox is in front of everything! It is pretty good though until vox comes in.
Thanks for the feedback.

Help me understand what you are giving me. By depth do you mean to much verb on the vocal, or not enough gain in the vocal as compared to the mix?
yes, work with the reverb.
As you are demoing "expensive" plugins from Waves you probably know about following. Just in case you haven't already...., try putting the reverb on a seperate fx channel and feeding it with sends from the other channels. In the reverb, set the dry/wet mix knob to 100%.
??? Not sure what you are referring to.
(16-03-2015, 10:45 PM)hsaunier10 Wrote: ??? Not sure what you are referring to.

Spammer... Sad
Well here's my first stab at mixing a country song. I am a predominantly Hip-Hop/Rap producer/engineer and I'm just trying to widen my resume a little bit. I' never completely mixed/mastered a country song before. Any and all criticism/advice is accepted and appreciated!

.mp3    The Long Wait - Back Home To Blue (Post Mix).mp3 --  (Download: 9.67 MB)