Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Revelations mix - attempting a warm 70s sound
Another treat to mix, this one. As with the other track by these guys, I tried to keep the 70s vibe in my mixing approach - warm, but still quite punchy. I did try to bring in some extra high frequencies (mainly in the drums and vox) using Waves Vitamin, on the basis that the old tapes have lost some of the HF info that would originally have been there. Apart from that, I kept it pretty simple. Love the drums on this!

Let me know what you think!

.mp3    Revelations_LaurieHarrisonMix2.mp3 --  (Download: 10.47 MB)

Nice mix. You have relly keept that sound from the early 70s. But arent the drums a little loud and the symbals ar a little harsh?

Thanks for listening - yeah, I think you're probably right! Drums down a couple of db and cymbals back a bit would probably be an improvement.
I've got Vitamin too and I know how easy it is to overuse because of how quickly your ear adjusts to the enhancement. Absolutely destroyed the first couple of mixes I used it on Smile I've found the best way for me to use it is to make an audible enhancement, then halve it. Leaves you with just the gentlest lift that is discernible when you take it off, but otherwise just blends in.
This mix reminds me about the band Kansas from days back also. Sounds nice!