Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The Doppler Shift: 'Atrophy'
Here's my second mix

.mp3    Mastering7 Atrophy v2 .mp3 --  (Download: 7.25 MB)

Hi there! A few big issues with this mix for me - the vocal has too much reverb, so sounds a bit lost. The distorted guitars have way too much top-end fizz and no depth or power - sounds like a cheap solid state amp - not nice! The drums sound a bit distant and muffled too. Not sure what you've done to the bass, but it seems to have lost all of its sustain. Things get a bit better in the middle 8 section.
(10-02-2015, 07:18 PM)laurieharrison Wrote: Hi there! A few big issues with this mix for me - the vocal has too much reverb, so sounds a bit lost. The distorted guitars have way too much top-end fizz and no depth or power - sounds like a cheap solid state amp - not nice! The drums sound a bit distant and muffled too. Not sure what you've done to the bass, but it seems to have lost all of its sustain. Things get a bit better in the middle 8 section.

Hi. I'm new to this site so thanks for the heads up on my mix
I like the reverb on the vocal a bit out in the track but it is maybe to much in the beginning. I love the fuzz from my bellarie preamp but I could maybe use a little less fuzz and eq it. The drums have reverb on the snare. I don't like it to dry eaither. On the bass I used rbass by waves. something I almost always use