Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
MerryGold-Motherload-mix by Tommy Marcinek
Cute little country tune! Had a great time mixing this. Hope you like it. Any questions or comments welcomed.

Thanks,

Tommy Marcinek Big Grin

.mp3    Motherload_5_Mastered.mp3 --  (Download: 8.86 MB)

tommymarcinek.com - Tommy Marcinek
Nice Mix. A couple of points: -
- the clicks on the guitar track at the start - possibly a bracelet but I edited out in my mix
- guitar is nicely balanced left with banjo on right, then nicely centered in the lead break
- nice vocals and good work on BGV ... they were difficult to get right
- maybe slightly more volume on the accordion in places, but I'm being fussy

Yeah ... real nice mix (HD650 headphones).

Perry

Perry, thanks for your input. Hmmmm, I hadn't noticed the clicking of the bracelet....can't believe I would miss something like that. I can go back in there and fix it when I get some time. I'm starting a project with a friend of mine whose brother died a few years ago. He (Steve Mitkowskit) was a great guy and friend of mine, and a super talent. He (his brother and my friend Jerry) found an old cassette of his songs from 20 years ago and we are going to re-create the songs from scratch. I'll be playing the guitar parts, he will be on bass and Rosa Avila (she played live tours with Andy Williams for years) on drums!!!!! Can't wait for all that to happen. So, I might not be posting or mixing much on here for a month or two. This project will be in his memory. Steve will be missed forever! Here's a link to a Youtube memorial I made for him in case you want to see him as he was....full of life and oh so talented. In it, he's playing the mandolin, which is hard to believe because he had giant hands. He played bass as his primary instrument.....will miss him. :-( Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtjR4pxSYEU Here's also a link to Rosa on tour with Andy Williams: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0VgGY4x8V4
Nice clean mix. I like it. Maybe too deep a bass for country but that's just me... Tongue
(15-02-2015, 02:04 AM)SineMoraPro Wrote: Nice clean mix. I like it. Maybe too deep a bass for country but that's just me... Tongue

Thanks much.....yeah I love bass....I'm a bass nut....LOL! Seriously, thanks. Actually, I love drums and bass so many of my mixes turn out a bit bass and drum heavy. I gotta get a grip on that.

Tom
(15-02-2015, 11:54 PM)tjmtruth Wrote:
(15-02-2015, 02:04 AM)SineMoraPro Wrote: Nice clean mix. I like it. Maybe too deep a bass for country but that's just me... Tongue

Thanks much.....yeah I love bass....I'm a bass nut....LOL! Seriously, thanks. Actually, I love drums and bass so many of my mixes turn out a bit bass and drum heavy. I gotta get a grip on that.

Tom
Same here sir! I usually mix reggae so I know exactly what you mean... I heard your mix of Jessica Childress' song on Mixrevu and I can definitely say that your mixes have a very distinctive sound. Heavy on bass but full of character.. congratulation for that contest by the way. Do you also master your stuff?
(16-02-2015, 01:20 AM)SineMoraPro Wrote:
(15-02-2015, 11:54 PM)tjmtruth Wrote:

Tom
Same here sir! I usually mix reggae so I know exactly what you mean... I heard your mix of Jessica Childress' song on Mixrevu and I can definitely say that your mixes have a very distinctive sound. Heavy on bass but full of character.. congratulation for that contest by the way. Do you also master your stuff?

Yes I do and it's a constant learning process, which, thankfully with my continuous experimentation and hard work, they are getting better. Since I'm doing everything "in the box" it presents a challenge compared to guys who have high-end outboard hardware gear. But, as long as I can get close to pro, which is my goal, then I will be happy. I've done about 15 mixes on here so far and I have no intention of stopping. The more you do the more experience the better the mixes should get....and that's what we are all striving for by using this forum. I truly thank Mike Senior for this forum. Thanks for the props.....I appreciate it. Tom

(10-02-2015, 07:09 AM)Third Party Wrote: Nice Mix. A couple of points: -
- the clicks on the guitar track at the start - possibly a bracelet but I edited out in my mix
- guitar is nicely balanced left with banjo on right, then nicely centered in the lead break
- nice vocals and good work on BGV ... they were difficult to get right
- maybe slightly more volume on the accordion in places, but I'm being fussy

Yeah ... real nice mix (HD650 headphones).

Perry
I agree with Perry - nice job on the BGV - it was a challenge. Is that some panned (slight) delay and/or chorus on the BGV?
I remember early in my mix going through the tracks saying "Where's that click! Where's that click!" Smile ... finally found it an knocked it out.
Would appreciate a feedback on my mix, too...