Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to the forum. Looking for some feedback
Hi everybody,

Newb to the forum here with this being my first post. Just found this catalogue of multitracks and figured I'd give this track a shot. First time mixing reggae and looking to get some feedback on it. Pretty much everything was done with stock Logic plug ins with a couple freeby plug ins sprinkled in. Biggest challenge for me was definitely the vocals and BV. I feel like both don't sit quite right, especially the BV. I kept things pretty subtle compared to other versions on this thread. It's also unmastered but I did throw a limiter in there to get it up to playback level.  Would love to know what you think!

Thanks for taking the time to listen!

.mp3    Arise_RunRunRun.mp3 --  (Download: 7.56 MB)

(IMHO). The volume balance of the tracks is out of balance. In particular, the vocals are too quiet. General sound: the frequency response is shifted to the lower middle, so the sound "mumbles" at the low frequency. It is possible that the spatial effects on vocals are not heard because of this. In addition, they are not enough on all tracks: the sound is "dry", as if in a room. As for the dynamics, everything seems to be fine, but perhaps you should add volume (low output level). It is possible that my version is also not without drawbacks: https://discussion.cambridge-mt.com/show...#pid100454
Alexander