Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pray for the rain
nice vocals, tried to get as much clarity in the guitars/synths as poss

.mp3    Pray for the rain.mp3 --  (Download: 13.12 MB)

(08-02-2015, 10:11 AM)mixingonamission Wrote: nice vocals, tried to get as much clarity in the guitars/synths as poss

Very nice. I like the snare effect and the guitars sounds really good to me. I think you can achieve more clarity in the lead vocal by perhaps cutting a bit of the lower mid range.
To mix or not to mix ... mix!
(08-02-2015, 03:57 PM)bmullen Wrote:
(08-02-2015, 10:11 AM)mixingonamission Wrote: nice vocals, tried to get as much clarity in the guitars/synths as poss

Very nice. I like the snare effect and the guitars sounds really good to me. I think you can achieve more clarity in the lead vocal by perhaps cutting a bit of the lower mid range.

thanks for the listen bmullen, appreciate the feedback. It is possibly a little too much parallel comp on the lead.
good work! like the fx on the snare drum, works pretty well with this slow tempo song. what reverb did you use?
Hi !

Nice warm lead vocals. I like the snare reverb, maybe a little bit too long for my taste.
Very balanced mix. Overheads are a bit harsh. Some deessing will make them smoother.

Good job here Smile
Dude, a very good one, a little harsh on the guitars, but still a very well executed mix! Wink Cool

Thanks for mixing our song ! I liked your creative use of effects to keep things interesting and I liked the balance of the elements relative to each other. Like the snare sound a lot. There is an opportunity in the frequency balance I think - I have been listening to some mixes back to back this morning and I did notice either some missing lower mids or overemphasized higher mids such that the vocals and guitars sound a little on the harsh side. Might be worth a quick side by side frequency balance check if you take on a V2.

Thanks so much again for mixing the track and sharing ! I learned a ton from Mike, and I am learning a ton from the decisions this community is making too!

Cheers

Thomas