Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ptalbot,set me free 2018 mix redone
Thanks very much ptalbot it means alot and don't forget to keep the good tracks coming. Cudjoe
(15-02-2015, 09:29 PM)mixingafterhours Wrote: Hi!
Great mix. I really like it. Everything is really working with each other.
There are some little things I would consider:
1. Work a little more with panning. The volume faders are ok in this song, but a little more RCL panning would clear the mix.
2. Add tiny bit of reverb/delay on the drums or even on the whole mix, because it sounds a bit dry. But just a bit.
3. Bright the mix up. Some hi end saturation or exciter on the whole mix would probably do the trick.
4. Cut a bit of mud on the master channel. Probably a 3db cut somewhere around 400 Hz would do the trick (so many tricks, you'll become a magician soon Big Grin ).

Again great job your doing a lot of progress!
Hi mixingafterhours thank you for your review I have make some changes.

Listnin version 3
I hear too much kick. Also the horns are a tad loud.
To my ears this mix is lackin in the most important department: balance.
I think the verses work fine, but when the horns and kick play there are too much hi mid from horns and bottom from kick.
Thats my ears and perception.

Old ears, old gear, little boy inside love music and sounds and my wife, not necessarily in that order
Thank you voelund for your review.
My 2018 mix.
Reaper user
(17-09-2018, 04:56 PM)Cudjoe Wrote: My 2018 mix.

Hi Cudjoe

2018 mix low end sounds much tighter than your first mix's, Very Nice Mix!!

Cheers
KSmile
Gear:-Zoom R24 interface, controller - Cubase/Reaper - Assorted Waves, Airwindows suite, AKG K240 Cans, Event TR5 reference monitors.
Thank K but after listening to it something sounded weird so i have dona another mix and deleted the other one.
Reaper user