Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnny Lokke - Promises and Lies
Lots of influences here from the likes of Judas Priest and Uriah Heep... and many others. What a brilliant track to mix. All comments most welcome.

.mp3    Promises & Lies - 4-Feb-2012.mp3 --  (Download: 10.33 MB)

Perfect mix. I like this ))) In my teste - commercial sound.
Thank you for the kind words, gvborg. I enjoyed doing the mix very much.
Very good mix here Robert,nice one.
One thing i would say having another listen i feel the bass is a bit wooley and could do with a bit more defirnition along with the kick,i think it would improve the mix
and make it more solid.Pull your mx back up and put something like a Waves trans x on the kick and listen to it come alive.
I also think the vocals are swimming a tad and less would give the vocal more cut and definition in the mix also.
You dont have to go over the top like i did with my kick,just a tad to much mine.
It's so cool when I have time to pop in and check out all the different ways you guys interpret my music. It's always an honor to know how much time and effort everyone has put into mixing my song.

Not much I can say about this mix. Very well done. If I had to be picky it sounds like it is pumping a bit, but that could be an artifact from going to mp3, or maybe a frequency from the bass that isn't playing nice with the kick creating a combing sound.

Nice work, Robert. Keep it up!

Johnny

Keep it loud!
Johnny Lokke,
www.johnnylokkeband.com
Thanks for the kind words, Johnny.

Yes..... the MP3 hasn't really done your song justice. It sounds much better as a mix playback for sure.
You're more than welcome to have a WAV or AIFF file if you want.... just let me know. I'll be re-visiting
this one in any case to iron-out a few things that need a little more attention and will pay attention to your
comments during the process.
(07-05-2013, 11:06 PM)Robert Wrote: Thanks for the kind words, Johnny.

Yes..... the MP3 hasn't really done your song justice. It sounds much better as a mix playback for sure.
You're more than welcome to have a WAV or AIFF file if you want.... just let me know. I'll be re-visiting
this one in any case to iron-out a few things that need a little more attention and will pay attention to your
comments during the process.

Great song - great mix Smile
To mix or not to mix ... mix!