Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Long Wait - Dark Horses
Hi

So here goes:

I've been working on this song for a long time, put it away 3 times, have been very frustrated but returned to it with fresh ears and newfound energy.

The hardest part has been to get the drums to sit in the mix, I haven't replaced them, only eq and compression.

Finding the right level and sound for the acoustic guitar has also been hard, it is "the engine" of the song so it has to have a clear presence throughout but still not take to much space. The solution was level automation.

I'm still not happy with the mix but I'm in need of input to point me in the right direction, as I'm running out of tricks.

All comments are appreciated!!

Thanks!

.mp3    tHE lONG wAIT - dARK hORSES V5.mp3 --  (Download: 10.32 MB)

Yeah, this tune was hard to work on because everything wanted to pile in either at 500 Hz or 2.5kHz and yet, as you say, you need that certain clarity to let things sit right. The drums were a problem for me too. Never was quite satisfied with the kick drum but then I've decided that I was trying to go for too much attack and that was screwing me all up.

Only real suggestion I can make is that you might want to troll around in that sub-1k region on the various parts and look for things that might be a bit overloaded.
Old West Audio